Just because they have five pointy bits at the end doesn't mean there's witchcraft involved. What is involved is some very nifty technology in creating a running sock that is supremely comfortable to wear.
ToeToe running socks...and as Tony the Tiger would say, "They're greeeeeaaaaaaaaaat!!!"
What makes them so special? They're very comfortable, don't rub and you don't really realise you are wearing them. What more do you want?
Whatever distance you're running but particularly if you are banging out big miles you want/need kit that is comfortable and doesn't rub. You can get more complicated and there are some good reasons why these socks are so good, but plainly and simply they are very very nice to run in.
Faced with a long run, but especially a long race, the last thing you want to be worrying about it blisters and rubbing; resplendent in my ToeToe running socks I am confident this ain't going to happen me...lots of other things might go wrong, but the feet won't be one of them.
But, you probably want more than my say-so, so here's a bit more about what makes the socks so good...
- THEY'VE GOT SEPARATED TOES WHICH ENCOURAGES TOES TO MOVE INDEPENDENTLY AND IMPROVES FOOT FUNCTION
- TOETOE HAVE CARRIED OUT CLINICAL RESEARCH WHICH INDICATES HOW TOE SEPARATION HELPS IMPROVE BALANCE AND POSTURE THROUGH IMPROVED PROPRIOCETION
- TOETOE MANAGES MOISTURE CONTROL THROUGH THE WICKING PROPERTIES OF THE HIGH QUALITY YARNS USED IN MANUFACTURE
- BECAUSE THE TOE POCKETS PREVENT ANY SKIN ON SKIN FRICTION BLISTERS BETWEEN THE TOES ARE ELIMINATED
- THE CLOSE FITTING DESIGN IMPROVES FOOT HYGIENE BY ELIMINATING THE BACTERIA FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT FOUND IN CONVENTIONAL SOCKS
- SEPARATING TOES ENCOURAGES THEM TO MOVE. THIS INCREASES BLOOD CIRCULATION AND ENSURES THE FOOT IS NEVER TOO NOR TOO COLD
- ENCOURAGING TOE MOVEMENT PROMOTES THE NATURAL SHAPE OF THE FOOT
- THE YARNS USED INCLUDE ELASTANE WHICH PROVIDE A MILD COMPRESSION TO THE MUSCLES OF THE LOWER LEG
- THEY'RE MOST COMFORTABLE SOCKS I HAVE WORN
See. I told you they were good and also remarkably clever.
You want a pair now don't you...
...well, here's your chance:
Competition: win a FREE pair of ToeToe running socks
Stage 1 of my 100 Mile Sweepstake run in aid of "Hope for Children" was completed with the Brighton Marathon; Stage 2: The 3 Forts Marathon is on 6th June. Its a 27.2mile run with nearly 3,500ft of gain over the South Downs, but I'll be there in my ToeToe socks itching to win some more race bling.
If you are interested, and why wouldn't you be, for a measly £3 you can guess how long it will take me to run The 3 Forts Marathon. Whoever guesses the time closest to my finishing time not only wins the sweepstake cash prize, but also wins a FREE pair of running socks, and the charity gets a nice donation.
So, don't dilly-dally...£3 is nothing, but can be a big help to the children that "Hope for Children" work with and you could get some great prizes out of it.
Donate now and win a bit of cash and some cool socks: