The wonderful people at TOETOE have very kindly donated 6 pairs of their fabulous running socks as prizes for the 100 Mile Sweepstake.
So for a mere £3 you could get a nice cash prize, help children and get your hands on a pair of enhanced performance carefully engineered TOETOE Coolmax wicking running socks.
I've been a big fan of toe socks since I lived in Japan, they feel fabulous and running in a properly designed pair of running socks is even better. Why I hear you ask, well...
- THEY'VE GOT SEPARATED TOES
- ENCOURAGING TOES TO MOVE INDEPENDENTLY IMPROVES FOOT FUNCTION
- TOETOE HAVE CARRIED OUT CLINICAL RESEARCH WHICH INDICATES HOW TOE SEPARATION HELPS IMPROVE BALANCE AND POSTURE THROUGH IMPROVED PROPRIOCETION
- TOETOE MANAGES MOISTURE CONTROL THROUGH THE WICKING PROPERTIES OF THE HIGH QUALITY YARNS USED IN MANUFACTURE
- BECAUSE THE TOE POCKETS PREVENT ANY SKIN ON SKIN FRICTION BLISTERS BETWEEN THE TOES ARE ELIMINATED
- THE CLOSE FITTING DESIGN IMPROVES FOOT HYGIENE BY ELIMINATING THE BACTERIA FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT FOUND IN CONVENTIONAL SOCKS
- SEPARATING TOES ENCOURAGES THEM TO MOVE. THIS INCREASES BLOOD CIRCULATION AND ENSURES THE FOOT IS NEVER TOO NOR TOO COLD
- ENCOURAGING TOE MOVEMENT PROMOTES THE NATURAL SHAPE OF THE FOOT
- THE YARNS USED INCLUDE ELASTANE WHICH PROVIDE A MILD COMPRESSION TO THE MUSCLES OF THE LOWER LEG
- THEY'RE MOST COMFORTABLE SOCKS I HAVE WORN
So what are you waiting for grab that £3 in change you don't know what to do with, guess the COMBINED TIME for me to run the Brighton Marathon and my son to run the 1-mile race on the same day and you could be a winner!
Our bodies are incredibly good at moving, frequently without any conscious involvement. Some of the things most of us can do without conscious effort include sitting down, standing up, picking up objects, throwing, catching, jumping, skipping, running. We can make all these movements without thinking (or falling over) because of something called ‘proprioception’ - our body’s sense of its own position, balance and movement. Proprioception provides us with ‘body awareness’ and is commonly referred to as our “sixth sense”.
The proprioceptive system uses stretch receptors and pressure receptors situated in our muscles, joints and skin to inform our brain about our physical environment and how we are interacting with it. Humans have evolved with many of these receptors in our feet because they are the parts of our body most in contact with our physical environment. Reducing the sensory feedback from our feet to our brain gives it less information to work with, reducing the quality of the movement and effecting both posture and balance.
The foot is a dextrous and sensitive masterpiece. However, conventional socks limit the feedback to the brain by causing the toes to act as one unit. TOETOE socks however allow each toe to move individually increasing the foot’s potential to provide proprioceptive feedback.
The human foot is a marvel of evolutionary engineering but has one serious design flaw - a lack of protection from the environment. All other ambulatory animals have evolved hooves or pads to protect themselves, but our feet, originally designed to grasp and climb, are instead covered in proprioceptors, sweat glands and soft skin.
TOETOE provide the ideal protection, either on their own or in a pair of well fitting shoes, particularly shoes with independent toe separation.